“SACC is committed to offering the latest techniques and the best practices available to develop top quality athletes. To achieve this, we identify each child’s individual talents and develop the most convenient pathways to bring out the best in each child.” Says Mr.Apurba Biswas, SAI coach. While the very best train at the SACC, children of all age groups can avail of the training being offered here. For beginners to advance level athletes, this is the ideal environment to train in.
Our aim is to promote understanding and active participation in sport and physical exercise, with the ultimate goal of producing good health and personal well being.
ACC ATHLETES SHINE AT STATE MEET
Win 15 Gold, 16 Silver And Six Bronze Medals Publication: The Times Of India Ahmedabad; Date: Jan 3, 2013
St Xavier’s College Athletics Coaching Centre, is the oldest, most regular and prestigious Athletics Coaching Centre in Ahmedabad. The Sports Authority of Gujarat helps SACC by providing equipment and trained Coaches.
At present, Mr. Apurba Biswas, Athletics Coach, Sports Authority of India and Dr..VIjyaysinh Padheriya are taking care of the SACC. Mr. Biswas has trained many international, national& countless zonal & state level players.
Currently Training under Mr.Biswas is
2 National Medalists
15 National Level
7 Zonal & State Level players
In addition to them, many young athletes from various schools and colleges in and around Ahmedabad also train under him.
CURRENT PLAYERS TO WATCH
1] ShalinPatel 100mts National Medalist (U/20)
Represented India in’ Asian Athletic Championship 2012’ Sri-lanka and 2016 Olympic prospect.
2] Devanshi Patel National Medalist
Awarded the juniors ‘Sardar Patel Award’ by the Govt. of Gujarat.
3] Devashree Shah National medalist
Awarded the juniors ‘Sardar Patel Award’ by the Govt. of Gujarat
1. Strive to be a Centre dedicated to Participation And Excellence in Athletics.
2. Encourage children to participate in Athletics so That they can excel in any sport of their choice.
3. Train children to their full potential so they can Compete at State and National level competitions.
4. Create awareness that well-being and health are no less important than academic achievements.
5. Introduce scientifically proven and current training methods.
6. Help local schools, colleges and clubs create their own athletic teams through skill demonstrations and Motivational talks.
7. Conduct Annual Athletic Meets to identify the Fastest Track runners of different age groups and then train them.
8. Attract sponsorship for the Annual Track Meets and Camps.
The college organizes annual Camps and tournaments in 2013 – 2014
1. General Conditioning: 21 days
2. Running Technique & Speed Development: 14 days
3. Long Jump Conditioning& Technique Learning: 14days
4. High Jump Conditioning & Technique Learning: 14 days
5. General Fitness Test: Every 4 months: 3 days each
6. Age Specific Group Camp (12 – 14 yrs): 14 days
7. Major Padheriya road race 12 km. for boys & 6 km. for girls.
8. Fr. Donald Dias football tournament.
FACILTIES AT SACC
1. 400mts Running Track
2. Long Jump Pit
3. High Jump Equipment
4. Throwing Circle
5. Weight Training sets.
6. Other Training equipment for athletics.
7. Football ground.
8. Hockey ground.
9. Basketball court.
10. Tennis court.
11. Volleyball court.
12. Cricket ground.