- As per the UGC and Gujarat University notifications, there will be no end semester examinations Apr/May 2020 for Undergraduate Semester II and IV [BA, BSc (Including Self Finance), BCOM and BCA]. Merit based progression will be inforce for their transition in to higher semesters.
- End semester Examinations for Semester VI (Undergraduate) and Semester II and IV (Post Graduate) including ATKT will be from July 20, 2020. The detailed time table will be available at least 15 days before the scheduled date on College Website as well as on ERP. These exams will be offline (Traditional pen and paper) and conducted on St Xavier’s College campus. No additional exam form is needed for the same. Those who cannot give the exam in July due to unforeseen circumstances, will get another chance in the later part of August and will be treated as special cases.
- The exam will be of two hours’ duration and the detailed paper format can be found in the ERP.
- There will be two sections. Section A, will contain four questions each corresponding to one unit of the syllabus (each having internal option). Students will have to attempt any three questions (each 20 marks). Section B will be compulsory and will contain short questions from all four units. Students will have to attempt any 10 out of 14 (10 Marks). The total will be 70 marks, 20*3=60 (Sec A) and 10 (Sec B).
- For PG, the Scheme will remain the same, for the 60 marks paper. Section A will contain four questions comprising one from each unit. Students will need to attempt any three (each of 16 marks), Section B will be compulsory and will contain short questions from all the four units. Students will have to attempt any 8 out of 12 (12 Marks, 1.5 marks each). So total will be 60 marks, 16*3=48 (Sec A) and 12 (Sec B).
- Practical time table of Semester VI (Undergraduate) and Semester II and IV (Post Graduate) will be announced at a later date. Those who are having only Viva for their dissertations, will have their viva online.
NB: The above mentioned arrangement is applicable only for July/August 2020 ESE examinations due to the covid pandemic.