St. Xavier’s Ladies Hostel is Located 1 KM away from St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad. It is managed by the Vedruna Carmelite Sisters of Charity. This hostel is basically meant for those students who are from rural areas, economically backward classes and from other parts of India. The hostel authorities reserve to themselves, the right of admission to the hostel. The hostel has limited accommodation of only 144 seats distributed for all the UG courses conducted in the college for all the years of the students and if seats are available , then PG courses. Therefore obtaining admission in the college for any of the course does not automatically secure a place in the hostel.
Students who fail to secure 85% of the attendance in a semester at the college and who has more than two ATKT in an academic year liable for termination of the stay in the hostel.
- After obtaining the admission in the college the students are requested to download the preliminary form for admission and fill in the details. Then scan the duly filled form and email it at the id given below.
- Along with the preliminary form, the following documents are needed to be attached.
- Fee receipt of the college for the payment done for the course to be undertaken in the college
- Mark sheet of 12th
- Preliminary form and required document need to be scanned and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The management will shortlist the selected students admitted to the hostel. Selected students will be informed about the confirmation of the admission to the hostel through Phone calls.
- The previous day to the start of the new academic year upon the arrival, the selected students will have to fill in the secondary admission form in person along with the parent at the hostel office.
- At the time of admission, the fee should be paid by the Cheque or Demand Draft.
- Two passport size photographs need to be attached along with the secondary form.
- Student and her parent need to sign in the secondary admission form as well as in the rules and regulation sheet as consent for agreement to the terms and conditions of the hostel.
- In case of Catholic student, baptism certificate and recommendation letter of the Parish Priest are compulsory to be attached along with secondary admission form.
- Admission to the hostel is valid only for one semester. Admission needs to be obtained freshly for every semester by every student.
Click here to download the preliminary admission form.
- Each room is designed as three seaters. No individual rooms are available for anyone. Allotment of the room for the students is the right of the hostel in charge.
- Each student is given a cot, table, chair and cupboard.
- The students must bring the following at the time of joining the hostel
- A Mattress (size 6’ * 3) , a pillow ,bed sheets, blanket ,a towel, a plastic bucket and mug. A lock and key to lock the cupboard.
All meals are vegetarian. No non veg food is served on any circumstances. No breakfast is served as well Students will be provided only lunch and supper every day except on Sundays. On Sundays only lunch will be given. Eating in the hostel mess is compulsory for all the students. No reductions are permitted for absence from meals.
Hostel fee structure for one semester.
|1||Hostel fee boarding & lodging &maintenance||Rs.7000/-||Per Semester|
|2||Mess fee||Rs.2000/-||Per Month|
|3||Lap top (Only for TYBCA)||Rs.1000/-||Per Semester|
|4||Extra curricular Activities||Rs.400/_||One Semester|
Those students who wish to pay the whole Semester fee can be paid at the time of admission. Otherwise minimum fee Rs. 9400/- must be paid at the time of admission. And then Rs.2000/- can be paid by the 10th of every month as mess fee. A late fee of Rs. 20/- will be charged from 11th onwards.