Coordinators & Staff Members:
- Fr. Lancelot D,Cruz SJ
- Fr.Vincent Saldanha SJ
- Fr.Roland D’Souza SJ
- Sr. Mary James
- Dr.Ishwar Mehra
Jagrat is our way of bringing about equal opportunity for all. Jagrat means – “SELF-RESPECT”, “EXPRESSION”, “SELF-CONFIDENCE”. It was started by Fr. Vincent Saldanha in 1986-87.
- To grow in self-confidence.
- To develop leadership qualities.
- To progress in academic and extra- curricular activities.
- To become leaders of their communities.
JAGRAT activities include:
- Awareness camps
- Leadership camps
- Motivation workshops
- English courses
- Computer classes
- Cultural events
- Exposure programmes
A glimpse of these activities follows:
- Enhancing Academic Performance
- Time-management programmes for the 2nd and 3rd year students.
- Remedial classes of English for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students.
- Computer training classes for the MA Jagrat students.
- Career Guidance & Personality Development
- Career Guidance and orientation workshops for Jagrat students have been held with the focus being the GPSC / UPSC examinations, M.S.W and M.L.W.
- Jagrat students participated in 15-day summer training for GPSC/UPSC.
- An elocution competition held for the Students of Jagrat in 2006
- Financial Assistance
- Educational subsidies have been provided to needy students of Jagrat from FAEA.
- The Poor Students Fund and the Special Fund of the College Society.
- Nine Jagrat students are currently the recipients of FAEA scholarships.
- Skills Enhancement
- Computer Hardware maintenance training was held in summer vacation for 4 students.
- 4 ST students were also trained in Plant Tissue Culture at the Xavier Research Foundation.
- Students of Jagrat have excelled in athletics, volleyball, basketball and hockey.
- They represent the College, University and even Gujarat State and have been helped with sports gear and nutritional supplements.
- Gamit Prinkal, Vasava Gulab, Gamit Yogesh, Vasava Sandip reached the Nationals